Network Sites

Official DTS Social Groups
Become more apart of our
online community TODAY!
Follow us on ...

DFN TV Forums

DFN Celebrity Forums
Latest Smallville News
<div style="background-color: none transparent;"><a href="http://www.rsspump.com/?web_widget/rss_widget/twitter_widget" title="web widget">Twitter Widget</a></div>

Go Back   Devoted Fans Network > Entertainment Forums > Television > Past Television > Past Television Boards > Smallville > Smallville Episode Forums > Smallville - Season 9 > 9x02 - Metallo

View Poll Results: What did you think of "Metallo"?
It was awesome! I loved every minute of it. 31 67.39%
It was really good, but it could have been better at points. 9 19.57%
It was average. Many good moments as well as many mediocre ones too. 2 4.35%
I didn't like it much. Apart some nice scenes, the rest didn't worth it. 2 4.35%
Total waste of time, i should have changed channel. 0 0%
I didn't watch the episode. 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #21
lucero44
lucero44
has no status.

My Mood: Bored

OMG, in the end, the smile Clark gives to Lois as she is going to tell her the whole story, just killed me!!

I got kind of lost somewhere as I just don't remember when Dr. Hammond learned Clark was the blur, please help so I can watch the episode again. Also, that new Tess guy, they did not explain where he came from or did they?? I don't know why, but I feel kind of lost, and believe me I don't miss episodes...
lucero44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #22
mystique143
mystique143
has no status.

I think the guy was named BRADY? or maybe that was someone else...I didn't watch the episode so I have no idea. LOL!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

I saw the clip of Lois' dream and there were more stuff in there. a flag or large stick with a ripped Superman "S" shirt. it seems to be Clark's shirt meaning the death of Clark Kent? Maybe something really bad will happen to Clark and Lois sees it happening. Remember, Lois' flashbacks are what will answer all of Clark's questions. It will help him fix everything.
mystique143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #23
karenfaith
karenfaith
has no status.

so far, i love how at the moment, clark and chloe are at odds. it's nice to see that even though they arent exactly bff status again, they still put that stuff aside to help people
karenfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #24
mystique143
mystique143
has no status.

I think I can kind of sympathize with Chloe because she's been through a lot in season 8. But at the same time she kind of brought that on herself. I liked Chloe, but she kind of annoyed me last season. The whole she loves jimmy..she loves davis...ohh she's protecting clark deal was too much. Yes it was Clark's idea to separate davis and doomsday, but it wasn't Clark's fault that jimmy died. I just don't like how she hangs that over his head.

I can see the strain in the Clark and Chloe friendship...friends is what they will always be, but Chloe has her own way of thinking now and Clark is moving forward with what he needs to do and be. I also think there's a bit of jealousy from Chloe to Lois because clark has been finding comfort in talking with lois instead of her. so she feels like she isn't the bff anymore. That...and she lost her husband and her boy toy davis. She shouldn't have been soo secretive in the first place..why run away with a monster who you know has to kill your best friend? why be nice and even let the guy kiss if you loved Jimmy so much? I don't know...sometimes she puts herself so high with this whole I sacrificed for you and i did this and that..and you need to do this for me..bring jimmy back..make everything right again. Everything happens for a reason...and Clark is right...he isn't a GOD and by doing things like that...there's always a bigger consequence..and he doesn't want to mess with destiny.

Whoa...I started ranting...Anyways....I think Chloe needs to chillax and just accept things and move on. This whole WOE IS ME...i used to be your BFF...now you're totally feeling for my cousin Lois...i'm so sad and angry is getting annoying. There was only one real moment when she seemed to care for Lois and her feelings..other than that she kept complaining about her to clark.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #25
Amoureuse
Amoureuse
has no status.

My Mood: Amused

I loved the episode overall. I just have one complaint. Too many commercials and it was too short. I was sorry when it ended. I do agree that Chloe needs to chill a little and the whole issue of Jimmy needs to be addressed. Lois apparently still doesn't know that he's dead, there's something seriously wrong with that picture. Other than that a great episode, beautifully filmed. Lois and Clark looked exceptionally gorgeous, getting "older" hasn't dampened their appearance one bit.
Amoureuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #26
mystique143
mystique143
has no status.

Oh yeah Tom and Erica...they get even more gorgeous every year!!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #27
vantheman77
vantheman77
resides in FoS.
Devoted Member

My Mood: Happy

Metallo continues some of the things that were set by Savior. The relationship between Clark/ Blur and Lois continues on a whole other level when Lois thinks she's the Blur's sidekick and this furthers the strain between Clark and Chloe, who is jealous until the end. How nice to see the reunion of Clark and Lois at the end.

The writers revealed that having Clark losing his ties to humanity and training doesn't work because it cuts Clark off from the main storylines. That's why he went back to the Daily Planet. The scene between he and Dr. Emil Hamilton is among my favorites and the doctor has a little bit more involvement than Savior.

Why does Lois feel the need to blackmail Tess when she already went back to working at the Daily Planet? It was unnecessary, but at the same time it also weakens Tess as a villain. They may have set the stage for the Rabid.

The end scene with Clark and Chloe shows them beginning to heal the strain but Chloe has also pushed Clark into the direction of Lois. We get to see Chloe fully in action in her new Watchtower operations.

Tess is back in top form after Savior as she is involved in the main storyline of the season where she discovers that Kryptonians/ Kandorians have been scattered all over the world. I think the last image at the end of the episode is Jor-El. Also, I find it odd that now everyone seems to know about the Kryptonians and this takes away the element of secrets and dangers.

Both Oliver and Zod are not in this episode, but there is a hint that Zod may be involved in John Corben's transformation. Speaking of John Corben, he stole the episode as Metallo and we see why he will become the villain we know from the comics. He has a clear reason. His fight with Clark/ Blur is one of the more emotional ones than the Clark/ Alia fight from Savior. This is something we haven't seen in a long time since the early seasons.

If the first two episodes felt weird, it was because they don't focus on Clark enough. However, good followup to Savior.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #28
smallvilleisdabomb
smallvilleisdabomb
has no status.

It was good, a little weird, but good. I'm glad Clark is starting to realize that he can't leave everything he knew behind. I was missing Shleby, so it was nice to see the dog back again. And I like the fact that you can tell that Clark and Lois like each other. And that Clark is now back at the Daily Planet. That was nice. I just feel bad for Chloe. Clark needs to realize that Chloe is just feeling left out and wants to be his sidekick again.
smallvilleisdabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:49 AM   #29
vantheman77
vantheman77
resides in FoS.
Devoted Member

My Mood: Happy

According to Valerie, here are the screentimes for Metallo:

Clark - 16 mins, 52 secs
Chloe - 9 mins, 36 secs
Lois - 20 mins, 18 secs
Tess - 12 mins, 53 secs
Metallo - 16 mins, 40 secs
Dr. Hamilton - 2 mins, 56 secs
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vantheman77 For This Useful Post:
CAMI (10-03-2009), Cookie (10-03-2009)
Old 10-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #30
laed
laed
addicate to clois
Devoted Member

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystique143 View Post
I think the guy was named BRADY? or maybe that was someone else...I didn't watch the episode so I have no idea. LOL!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

I saw the clip of Lois' dream and there were more stuff in there. a flag or large stick with a ripped Superman "S" shirt. it seems to be Clark's shirt meaning the death of Clark Kent? Maybe something really bad will happen to Clark and Lois sees it happening. Remember, Lois' flashbacks are what will answer all of Clark's questions. It will help him fix everything.
i agree too

thank majo
laed is offline   Reply With Quote