Devoted Fans Network Forums Sites Twitter Facebook
Devoted Fans Network News


Go Back   Devoted Fans Network > Entertainment Forums > Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #11
Eric_Draven
Eric_Draven
has no status.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 332
Thanks: 1
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default

Quote:
I really enjoy Kevin Costner's acting, so I can't wait to see him in Man of Steel. Anytime Field of Dreams, JFK, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, or The Untouchables is on tv I have to watch them lol.
Same here! It seems like forever since he's last been in a movie, although he and the movie The Company Men was really great, so it will be great to see him in MOS. He has one of those 'All American' qualities and he's the perfect Guy to play Jonathan Kent. If there was one man to instill all the great qualities that would help Clark become Superman, then it would be him.

Those are all amazing films but what seems scary is that it only seems like yesterday that I had watched them for the first time, but now it's over 20 years later! I mean like major Whoa!

Quote:
I'm still only halfway done with Justified S2.
Man how much TV do you watch? lol It's cool, we all need our entertainment fix I have to start thinking of what shows to watch now because all the great shows have either ended for the season or they're about to so will be at a major loss - don't wanna hit rock bottom
Eric_Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek
Back to the Grind...AHH!!
 
Summers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 3,603
Thanks: 82
Thanked 614 Times in 411 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Draven View Post
He has one of those 'All American' qualities and he's the perfect Guy to play Jonathan Kent. If there was one man to instill all the great qualities that would help Clark become Superman, then it would be him.
When I watch Field of Dreams or JFK I get a lot of Jonathan Kent-ness from Kevin Costner.

Quote:
Those are all amazing films but what seems scary is that it only seems like yesterday that I had watched them for the first time, but now it's over 20 years later! I mean like major Whoa!
My older brother was a teenager at the time, so I got to see Prince of Thieves at a young age hehe. Needless to say to Robin/Kevin's booty (stunt booty) got a reaction .

Quote:
Man how much TV do you watch? lol It's cool, we all need our entertainment fix I have to start thinking of what shows to watch now because all the great shows have either ended for the season or they're about to so will be at a major loss - don't wanna hit rock bottom
Since a lot of my shows have ended over the past couple of years (i.e. Friday Night Lights, Lost, Smallville, & One Tree Hill ended this week) not too much lol. Some shows are on my dvd status, such as Justified, White Collar, Spartacus, or Dexter. While there are others I watch during the week, such as weekend cartoons, Revenge, Grimm, and The Firm. It just depends on the time of the tv season, and what the shows are doing.

Men's Health Punisher Photoshoot








The rock formation behind Thomas looks like the Vasquez Rocks in L.A. County. My father used to go there all time, and they were primarly used on the tv show Roswell.
__________________
"I wish I were a glow worm. A glow worm is never glum
.
For how can you be grumpy 
when the sun shines out of your bum”
~ Amanda Tapping, University of Windsor Convocation Speech



arts: Myself/Tumblr

Last edited by Summers; 04-08-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:11 AM   #13
Eric_Draven
Eric_Draven
has no status.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 332
Thanks: 1
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default

Quote:
My older brother was a teenager at the time, so I got to see Prince of Thieves at a young age hehe. Needless to say to Robin/Kevin's booty (stunt booty) got a reaction .
Did your bro quickly turn and try to cover your eyes?

Quote:
It just depends on the time of the tv season, and what the shows are doing.
Definitely... whatever is happening at the time I would follow the season. It's sad that a lot of the great stuff seems to be ending though

Quote:
My father used to go there all time
Mountain biking or hiking? I absolutely love my walks, I walk 1:30 hrs every day The only depressing thing is I'm surrounded by the City. If I lived in the country than I think I'd never be able to stay indoors
Eric_Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #14
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek
Back to the Grind...AHH!!
 
Summers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 3,603
Thanks: 82
Thanked 614 Times in 411 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default

Eric, at the ABC's 2012 Upfronts today the Network president Paul Lee updated the status of the tv series The Punisher:

Quote:
More recently, ABC Studios and Fox gave a put pilot commitment to an adaptation of Marvel's The Punisher, with Criminal Minds' Ed Bernero that didn't move forward.
Source: Hollywood Reporter

So for right now The Punisher has been halted . I hope someday they revisit the character of the Punisher whether it be on the small or big screen.
__________________
"I wish I were a glow worm. A glow worm is never glum
.
For how can you be grumpy 
when the sun shines out of your bum”
~ Amanda Tapping, University of Windsor Convocation Speech



arts: Myself/Tumblr
Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.