Devoted Fans Network Forums Gallery DFN Network Sites DFN Social Media
Devoted Fans Network News

Go Back   Devoted Fans Network > Entertainment Forums > Television > Past Television

Old 03-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #421
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek
Back to the Grind...AHH!!

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesbeth View Post
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that ! I loved reading those and I will miss our convos ! Well, I hope we can catch up soon again with our shows !
Take care, DFN can wait ! !
I'll still be around it's just the episode reviews for certain shows will have to wait. Plus it helps that the dvd comes out next month .

Quote:
Nah, I have to watch your shows even later then you !
Very true indeed

Quote:
BTW, are you still having trouble coming on DFN ? Half of the time it won't load !
I haven't had any trouble *shrugs*. It's been loading in fine for me .

arts: Myself/Tumblr
Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #422
Liesbeth
Liesbeth
is a Superhero Geek
Feel Free to Be Yourself

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summers View Post
I'll still be around it's just the episode reviews for certain shows will have to wait. Plus it helps that the dvd comes out next month .
Pfft, that's fast !

Quote:
I haven't had any trouble *shrugs*. It's been loading in fine for me .
Pfft here, I have... From the ten times I try it will only load like four times or something...

♥ Feel Free to be Yourself... Never Ever Give Up... At Any Cost...! ♥
Liesbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #423
tvfanatic
tvfanatic
has no status.

My Mood: Breezy

Sophia Bush answers fans questions

Last edited by tvfanatic; 03-20-2012 at 05:56 AM.
tvfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #424
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

My Review of One Tree Hill's "A Rush of Blood to the Head" -- Clay & Logan, Deb & Dan, and Naley's Mint

Wow, I feel like I haven't posted an episode review in like a month....d'oh. I've been really busy with work and real life things, so I put my episode review posts to the wayside. I haven't posted anything about my currently favorite shows, but I have continued to still watch and enjoy them greatly. Even though things are still busy I am completing my One Tree Hill final season posts.

"A Rush of Blood to the Head" had some really powerful moments in so many of the characters either due to reveals to just pure relief that nothing bad has happened. Robert Buckley and Bethany Joy really stole the episode with their powerful performances. Plus we got to see the return of Deb Scott *fansqueels*.

Chuck & Chase's Story Hits a Climax Literally - Since Alex has left I really have been enjoying Chase and Chuck's brotherhood bond. Heck, it's the only Chase storyline I have really enjoyed truthfully lol. While I really loved the fact Chase protected his little 'brother' I didn't think Chase beating the crap out of Chuck's dad was necessary. I mean a couple of hits sure, but the moment Chase got a crowbar I thought it was too extreme. Perhaps it is the teacher in me, or my age I have no idea. The only thing I would have changed with this child abuse storyline is how Chase handled it. I would have went for Chase reporting child abuse on Chuck, and then giving Chuck's dad a few good punchs to feel what it is like to be hit by someone his own size. I felt the crowbar was completely unnecessary. Other than that I loved that Chase protected Chuck when no one else would.

Sometimes People Don't Change: Brooke & Xavier - It was sad to see Brooke so scared around Xavier, and he is using every way to make her nervous. It's just sick to see people get away with tormenting others just because they can. I really loved seeing Julian protective of Brooke and his family. There isn't much to say about this storyline in this episode, but it was a good set-up of what it so come between Brooke and Xavier later on.

Clay Evans is a Papa?! I TOTALLY CALLED IT!! - One of the reasons I really enjoyed this episode because of Clay's epiphany that Logan is his son *fansqueels*. I loved how they slowly developed this reveal by having Clay talk a little in each episode about his past. In this episode Clay finally remembered clearly what happened the day Sara died. I loved how the filmed this reveal too. They combined the previous backstory episode of Sarah dying on the floor to Clay going into his baby boy's room. I loved how the room's image was all blurry at first, but then became clear to see Logan's name on the wall and an airplane crib mobile. It was just made of awesome!! I loved how Robert was able to portray Clay at two different times at the same time. In one frame we saw Clay six years ago in the brutal grief mode looking at his son's baby room. In another frame we see present day Clay realizing that Logan is his son looking into his room. It was an amazing cinematography parallel montage. It's one thing I can't wait to see again on dvd hehe. I'm glad they didn't have Clay welcoming Logan with opening arms yet because he totally isn't ready. I loved how they answered that question when Logan asking it to Clay. Heck, the process of that information would have taken a good day or so sink in. I'm really loving this storyline!!

The Scotts: Deb & Dan - It's always great to see Deb on the show. Barbara just has this natural chemistry with the cast that is undescribeable especially with Paul. Plus it's nice to see the old gang returning for the final farewell. I love how Dan is getting information on the people that have his son. I really loved his scene with the prison inmate because Dan doesn't think he is redeemed and should never be redeemed for killing Keith. Dan believes he is going to hell. So it is great to see both Deb and Haley coming to Dan in the end. Dan giving Deb a much needed hug, and Haley going to Dan because the police aren't doing enough. Probably because of the dirty cop messes up the investigation. I'm really loving Dan's storyline this season.

Haley's Relief - Bethany just kicked her performance out of the park!! She was just outstanding in this episode. The whole lead up to seeing the body in the morgue was emotionally intense. Granted we just knew it was Nathan in that body bag, but it still didn't dampen the performance Bethany gave. Her reaction before and after the morgue was amazing that it can't be described. Which brings to me Haley's memorable voiceover:

"Nathan, from the second I heard those words; "we found a body", my heart sank. I couldn't move, I couldn't think. And now that I've managed to at least move, all I can think about is one moment you and I shared years ago, over and over that same insignificant moment repeats in my head. I-I can't tell you why.. It was your birthday. Your first year playing for Maryland, Jamie must've been two. You said you didn't wanna do anything, but I insisted on at least having your favorite ice cream, you remember this? When I brought back mint chocolate chip, and you asked why I thought that was your favorite, I was so confused. Anytime we had gotten ice cream together that's what you always chose. But you told me rocky road was your favorite. And you looked at me, so tenderly, Nathan, and you said you always chose mint chocolate chip because you knew it was my favorite flavor. And that's when I realized, for the first time, that you hadn't been making any of your decisions for yourself. You were doing everything for me, all along, for your family. And it occurred to me that we still had so much to learn about each other. And since then, Nathan, I've learned about how wonderfully selfless, humble, strong man you are. Nathan, I can't hear that you'll never come home again. That I'll never learn something new about you again. Never experience your selflessness, your love, your warm touch again. Nathan.. Please. Have we really had our last conversation? Our last kiss? I don't know what I'd do.. Please.."

Another reason why I really loved this episode because it delivered probably one of the best voiceovers on the show. It was written beautifully, but also gave even more information about the Naley relationship we didn't even know about their favorite ice cream. Some people think voiceovers are easy to do, but I don't believe so. You have to carry so much thought and voice impact without showing your facial expressions.

Overall, the episode was outstanding in performance, stories, set-up, and cinematography. It's definitely one of the best episodes this season!!

ETA: Another review down....

My Review of One Tree Hill's "Every Breath Is A Bomb" -- Chuck's Stand, Clay's Confession, & Team Scott

This episode really kicked things up a notch for everyone. It really had a lot of progression not only in the storylines, but also in the development of the characters. So it is no surprise that I really enjoyed this episode as well.

Mouth Finds His Will - I gotta admit I really liked the explaination Mouth gave about his new weight gain. Sometimes there isn't one concise reason for it. It just developed, and you never notice it until....well....it is too late. My favorite part of this storyline in this episode was when Skillz and Mouth visited Jimmy's grave. Visiting Jimmy's grave really shook Mouth up to figure out he is eating his life away. To say to himself that he should continue to have a good life with Millie by making sure he is healthy. Mouth has this life and job, so he should do everything he can to keep it. 'Cause there are people like Jimmy that didn't get a chance. I really love the moral lesson to Mouth's S9 story.

Brothers In Arms: Chuck & Chase - I loved how they rounding up Chuck and Chase's storyline. As I stated so many times already I always loved these two together. So it was nice to see such a payoff in this episode not only from Chase, but also with Chuck's character. When we first met Chuck he was the big bully on campus, and it was probably due in large part to his own father being a bully. However, due to the Scotts, Jamie's adult friends, and in large part to Chase that Chuck realized he didn't need to be bully to make friends or to have good things happen for him. He just had to do the right thing. This lesson didn't come from mother or father, but from his 'big brother' Chase. It's understandable for Chuck not to tell the cops the truth in the beginning. He's a scared little boy.

So I just loved seeing Chris Keller come to Chuck, and tell him that it is Chase he should look up to was such a payoff. I didn't know if they were going to address that or not, so I was glad to see it addressed especially by Chris Keller himself. The goodness didn't stop there because it was amazing to see Chuck stand-up for Chase in his hearing. It was such a well rounded payoff to see Chuck stand-up for someone else. To see the bully realize what a great person he could be, and thank the person who does so much for him. I was glad that Chase was general discharged from the U.S. Airforce considering the extreme crowbar action he did in the previous episode. It wouldn't be right if he was able to stay on the force due to his extreme behavior. However, I'm glad it wasn't a dishonorable discharge. Anyways, seeing Chuck's adoreable smile was the biggest highlight for me. We haven't seen Chuck's smile for a good couple of episodes. So to see Chuck's smile due to the praise Chase gave him was just too adoreable for words. Plus I was happy to see Chuck's mom finally being mom she should have been all these years. To finally stand up to her abusive husband, and to protect her son. If we don't get anymore Chuck and Chase scenes this season, then I don't mind too much because this episode was an outstanding payoff to their storyline!! Though I do hope we do get a few more scenes with them lol.

Someone's Watching Over You: Brooke & Xavier - Xavier continues to get creepier, creepier, and more dangerous. He is now working at the competition cafe across the street now too. I have to admit I loved seeing Julian and Brooke doing the Scooby Doo thing following Xavier to catch him in the act of doing something wrong. The actor who portrays Xavier doesn't have a lot of layers to his acting, but boy does he sure scare the crap out of me. The way Xavier threatened Brooke outside was quite intense. Sophia Bush did a great job at being scared, but also trying to hold it together. I knew the episode was going somewhere the moment the music ended at the end, and all we see Xavier holding one of Brooke and Julian's sons!! What a set-up to their climax in the next episode.

Clay Comes Clean - I loved how they did Clay's reaction to him being a father from his guilt to coming clean with Logan. I liked how Clay started to rebond with his son through airplanes and a Deadpool comic book. He didn't tell him right away. He waited until the end of the day to tell Logan he was his father when Clay heard Logan's feelings about his parents. I thought it was so funny when Logan called out Clay's swearing lol. I wasn't quite sure what Quinn's reaction would be to Clay's reveal about him being a father. I like that Quinn was at first shock, but you can clearly see a tears welling up. Shantel did a great subtle reaction to it all. It was flashing or anything like that. It was just what it was. I loved that when it was all said and done Quinn supported Clay. She didn't run. She didn't judge. She just stood there supporting Clay through his turmoil. Plus I loved that Clay's doctor told Quinn how much Clay loved her *fansqueels*. I loved how they did Logan's reaction. I really hoped Logan didn't welcome Clay with open arms because even at that age your trust and abandonment issues start. This is where it the OTH parallel comes in. Dan abandoned Lucas only later to regret it, and never able to officially rebuild it. However, Clay realizes what he did and starts to yearn to repair his relationship with his estranged son. To be the father Sarah and Quinn knows he can be. Alas, it was still sad to see Logan so upset at Clay.

Team Scott: Haley & Dan - I always loved seeing Bethany and Paul together, and this episode was no exception. I loved how Dan wanted to protect Haley for making rash decisions. I loved how Haley made Dan use his noggin to get Dimitri alone. It was a trip to see Haley in her skimpy outfit that Deb and Brooke helped her with lol. Plus we got to hear one of Bethany's classic impersonations hehe. I loved how Haley pulled on Dimitri's primal strings only to get caught in a trap lol. Plus who didn't love seeing Dan go all badass to get information out of Dimitiri. It was great to see Team Scott in action to save Nathan!!

Overall, it was an excellent episode that appears to be the last stepping stone to the climax of the season. It looks like episode 12 and 13 will give the aftermath closure to such an amazing show *sniff*. So I'm actually glad how Mark Schwahn has set this season's formual up with building rising action, climax, and resolution.

Last edited by Summers; 03-27-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #425
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

My Review of One Tree Hill's "Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will" -- Fortitude, Justice, & Gratitude

This episode was obiviously part of a two parter episode climax, and boy did it not disappoint!! It was intense, action packed, and gave one of heck of an ending to Nathan and Brooke's criminals. There is so much to love in this episode!!

It gave us flashbacks to important, pivotal parts to Nathan and Haley's marriage and Brooke's haunted past. However, it also set-up the last three episodes of the series *sniff*.

Nathan's Fortitude - One of reasons I loved this episode is because we saw yet again how tough and loving Nathan is as a person. It was awesome to see Haley remember Nathan's love from supporting her during her mother's cancer to Nathan's S4 press conference video. Bethany carried so much in her non-talking scenes. I don't care what anyone says you so need flashbacks for a final season. Nathan was such a hottie badass in this episode!! I simply loved Nathan's voiceover throughout the episode:

"There was a moment when I was lost, when they had beaten me. And I decided to beg them to let me live to see my beautiful wife,my son, and my daughter. To breathe another breath and lie in the sun and just live. But begging them wouldn’t change things. It would only give them satisfaction and that I wouldn’t do. No, this would be the job they carried with them for the rest of their lives. This would be the one they felt guilty about. That their older, fading selves woke up regretting in the middle of the night trying to quiet their remorse before their own deaths were upon them. So I made a decision to give them nothing. And in that moment one word came to mind...FORTITUDE."

Nathan's voiceover alone shows he is a Scott man through and through. You think Nathan is begging and hoping he won't die, and is willing to give the kidnappers what they want from him. However, after hearing the voiceover you know Nathan's mentally and emotionally isn't broken down. He hasn't given up, and will not give the kidnappers their happiness. So it was icing on the cake to see Nathan (self-defensely) shoot the lead kidnapper. You can't be a Scott without having a good aim lol. I was honestly glad it was Nathan that had the final shot because it is just fitting.

Team Justice: Dan, Julian, & Chris Keller - Who didn't love these three together? I just loved their interaction completely lol from looking at the unconscience Dimitri to getting their plan in action at the warehouse. It was so fitting to see Julian and Chris not being good shooters, and a great piece of comedy from both haha. I like that Dan lock and told Julian to go home during the plan because unlike Chris and Dan he had a family to go home. I really liked seeing Dan and Chris together. They drove each other nuts with their honesty, but yet you knew from their facial expressions that they were right about each other. I loved how Chris took down the bigger goon outside lol....'CHRIS KELLER'S JOB IS DONE!!" and he runs like a bat out of hell lol. Dan looked completely heroic and badass when he got inside to save Nathan with his shotgun action. I was so cheering at that scene. I loved the switch between Nathan and Dimitri. I knew it was Nathan in the chair, but I totally forgot about Dimitri. Just loved the reunion between Nathan and Dan, and after five seasons Dan got to hear his son call him "Dad"....*gulp*. There scene was short, but also so moving as was the shock on Nathan's face seeing his father shot in front of him to protect him. I like that Julian waited outside until he feel he was needed, and boy was he needed. If he didn't get in there in time the dirty cop would have killed Nathan anyways. I love Julian's deadpan entrance after knocking the cop out "hey" lol.

Brooke Gets Her Justice - I know many people didn't like the return of Xavier, but I felt it was needed. We were able to get inside every villain's head to a degree. We never really got inside Xavier's psychie. Alas, this final showdown between Xavier and Brooke was much needed for this viewer. Xavier isn't psychotic or emotionally disturbed like Fake!Derek, Carrie, or Katie. He is downright evil because he likes it. There is no logical reason for his behavior. Xavier found enjoyment in killing Quentin and hurting Brooke. There is no why for this villain. I thought the actor who played Xavier did a great job with his exposition monologue. He was downright creepy, and the more you talked the more you wanted him punished for his crimes. It was only fitting that Tara put Xavier down and saved Brooke. Brooke warned her countless times how dangerous Xavier, and it didn't take until the assault for Tara to realize it. It was nice to see Tara and Brooke on the same side, and Brooke giving Xavier one much deserved shock. So does this mean it is the end of Tara since she said is going to sell Tree Hill Cafe? At least finally Tara admittted her personality flaw lol.

Clay Visits Sarah & Gratitude Towards Quinn - I know some people thought Clay's visits with Sarah and driving with Sarah put the episode's pacing off. Hmm...I don't know if it did or not because Clay's scenes were in places where things weren't getting too intense, or when I needed a much needed breather lol. Perhaps I'm just lurking in places that are just ubernegative about every little thing. We haven't seen Clay visit Sarah in a long time, and considering Logan is also Sarah's child it is only a fitting time to do so. I really loved Clay's humor about Sarah's "evil twin" Katie lol, but I really enjoyed what he had to say to Sarah not only about Logan but also about himself. I like that Clay is saying his grief blocking doesn't erase the fact for hurting Logan that way. That he should have been there for Clay for the first six years of his life. I love that Clay isn't not making any excuses for himself despite it was medical diagnosis. It what it is, and Clay is now bound and determined to fix it. It's one of things I just love about Clay Evans *gushes*. I love that Clay directly told Quinn what he feels about her. To do what he has been saying to Quinn all these years. It was such a payoff to see, and now I want these two married in the series finale lol. Plus we got to hear Clay wanting and is ready to become Logan's father again.

Overall, it was another great episode and I was on the edge of my seat during all the intense moments.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #426
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

My Review of One Tree Hill's "Danny Boy" -- From Villain to Redeemed Hero

This episode hands down has to be one of the best episodes from One Tree Hill. It had everything that made the show what it is: fathers, sons, brothers, basketball, and The Scott Family. It was like being reunited with an old friend after all of these years. Don't get me wrong you are talking to a viewer that has enjoyed and loved every OTH season, but "Danny Boy" was something special.

It focused on the character of Dan Scott, and how he went from a villain to a person that could be redeemed for his past sins. They didn't glorify him or show what Dan isn't. They were honest about who Dan was not only by Dan himself, but also by the surrounding characters. Sometimes when a character dies a show will glorify that character to another level. Sometimes a show will completely forget about the character all together. One Tree Hill is not that show. For this viewer the show has respected and referenced accordingly to the passing of Ellie, Keith, Jimmy, Quentin, Sarah, and now Dan Scott. It's not the first nor last show to do this. I have many shows that have done this, however; I have had many show that didn't.

From Villain to Redeemed Hero: Dan Scott - Last week on Twitter the hastag #RIPDanScott was a trending topic. I know there are a lot of people that are offended by this episode and can't forgive Dan for what he did to Keith, Karen, Lily, Lucas, Nathan, Deb, and so many other people in his life. In reality I seriously don't know how I would react. I seriously don't, so I always draw the line between entertainment and reality. One Tree Hill is no different from any other show out there. I was just kinda thrown a bit because some people took "Danny Boy" as a very offensive episode. I can kinda understand it, but for this viewer I was completely entertained by this episode. It captured exactly who Dan Scott was. They didn't sugarcoat it nor make him into something he wasn't. It was a very realistic portrayol and death of Dan Scott.

I really loved they incoorporated Dan's horrible moments from Dan himself. Ever since Dan killed Keith he figured he would end up in hell no matter what he did because he deserved to go to hell. It took years and I mean years for Dan to realize he deserved to go to hell. The creative staff was able to explain why Dan really killed his older brother Keith and why it took so long for him to come to terms with what he did not only as a murderer but also as a terrible father. Paul Johansson is one of the most talented actors on the show. He doesn't disappoint in anything he does. So the scene where Dan confesses his sins to his son Nathan has to be one of the most powerful scenes in OTH history!! They gave Paul a very long, powerful monologue about why Dan did what he did to Keith, and Paul did not disappoint. It was only fitting that Dan's conversation with Nathan happened at The Rivercourt. Of course the location was in Dan's mind since when you are on your deathbed you can picture yourself talking in another location completely:

Nathan: So why did you do it?
Dan: I was always jealous of Keith. Even when we were kids. I was athletic, popular, all the things that he wasn't, but still, I was jealous of him. And people were drawn to Keith, and I hated him for it.
Nathan: So you shot him because people liked him more?
Dan: The day I shot Keith I was in a dark place. I was convinced that he tried to kill me, I had lost you, divorced your mom, my life was spiraling downwards and meanwhile Keith was building a new life with my high school sweat-heart and the child I'd abandoned. Every time I looked at him I felt I like I was punched in the gut.
Nathan: So what happened in that hallway?
Dan: Keith wanted to go into the school to save that kid, so I let him go, hoping he'd get shot. Let him be the hero, as long as he was a dead hero. And then I thought, why should he be the hero, when it could be me? So I followed him in. Jimmy was crying and Keith was telling him, it gets better, that pain in your heart, that voice in your head that tells ya there's no way out, it's wrong. It gets better. And I felt like he was talking to me. And in that moment, maybe the most heroic, kindness moment of my big brother's life, I hated him. I hated him more than anyone, or anything. Because nothing had gotten better. That pain was still in my heart. That voice in my head saying there's no way out was right! And he was standing there, lying to me! And after Jimmy died, I picked up the gun and aimed it at Keith, and he looked at me, and all I could think of was how everything that had gone wrong in my life was his fault. And it wasn't going to get better until he was gone. Just pull the trigger and it all ends. So I pulled that trigger. And It didn't end! It got worse. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.

The jealousy between Keith and Dan has always been there. You can see it since the first episode of the series. So Dan's explaination didn't come out of nowhere. You can see their sibling rivalry a mile away. I just loved the fact my questions were finally answered. 'Cause we only received bits and pieces of this information since S3, but it wasn't complete until this episode. So it really was one of the best payoffs in the show. Plus I loved that Dan felt he didn't deserve anything in return any longer. He became a person, who is still nowhere near perfect lol, but a person that can be forgiven and redeemed by the people that matter most to him. Alas, death was the only way for him to get fully redeemed.

It's Okay Little Brother, You're My Plus One: Keith & Dan - I don't know how the show was able to keep Keith's cameo in this episode hidden for so long. I'm sure it was probably rumored somewhere, but for this fan I didn't even know he was coming lol. I was already in tears seeing Nathan and Dan playing basketball on The Rivercourt, but then I saw Keith in his signature ghost-like clothes and I just completely lost it like a baby lol. Whenever Craig and Paul are in scenes together you know they are golden, and you just knew this scene is probably one of the biggest in OTH history. Alas, this scene did not disappoint!! I love that Dan apologized to Keith, and got mad when Keith forgave him. It truly shows he doesn't think he deserves any kind of forgiveness. All Keith's response was Dan is dead what else will he do lol. One of my favorite quotes from the series comes from Dan and Keith's last exhange:

Dan: I know where you're going little brother, but what about me?
Keith: Don't worry little brother, your'e my plus one.

So the series ends with the older Scott brothers arm in arm as they always should have been. They are finally brothers that Lucas and Nathan are today. No more jealousy nor hatred. Just acceptance and support as they walk into heaven.

Let's Just Play to Play: Dan & Nathan - Over the course of the show we have seen the ups and downs of Dan and Nathan Scott. It's no lie that Dan would do anything for his son. This time he died for his son. So their scenes in this episode you just know would be very very pivotal for both characters. Unlike Lucas Dan is more of a father to him. Nathan was raised by him, and his family was saved by Dan countless times. It's a very complicated emotion which I thought the writers pegged it beautifully in Nathan and Dan's last scene together. Nathan has hated Dan for a lot of his life, but he has now gotten to a place to finally say "I love you" to his father. Dan and Nathan's "I Love You" wasn't for the cameras, media, play show, or anything else. It was utterly sincere from both men. So needless to say I was already crying at that point. To make icing on the cake was seeing Nathan and Dan play hoops without keeping score. Dan was finally playing basketball just to play with his son. Dan finally learned to be a father he could have always been if he just opened his eyes earlier instead of being clouded by hatred, jealousy, and anger towards his brother. I thought James Lafferty did an exceptional job at his reaction moments throughout the episode.

Dan's Last Scenes W/ Family - Dan didn't think he had a family or friends that would be around his bed sad when he went to the great beyond. To his surprise they were. I love Deb and Dan's last scene together. It was such a signature Dan and Deb moment filled with naughty humor lol. I really loved Dan's last scene with Haley and his grandkids. For a minute it looked like the little girl who played Lydia was kinda scared of all of the wires and hospital stuff on Paul/Dan. Anyways, I loved how subtle and sweet Dan's last scene with his grandkids were. I don't know how long Lydia will not know her grandfather killed her Great Uncle Keith, but the sentiment from Haley was sweet. I loved the hugged Jamie had with Dan, and that Dan said Jamie's yelling at him was fitting. Jamie was the man of the house at the time, and he had to put his foot down to be heard. It's nice to see nearly every family member was able to have last scenes with Dan. I know some people were mad at Chad Michael Murray was not in the episode. However, it wouldn't be fitting storyline wise. Lucas wasn't raised by Dan. He will never love Dan (even before the murder) like he loves Keith. Lucas' father will and forever be Keith Scott. It's just the way it is. It wouldn't be fitting for Lucas to come to see Dan die. Plus I loved that Dan acknowledged this in the episode.

Naley Reunited Once More - I really loved Nathan and Haley's reunion in the hospital. Nathan's breath is taken away, and she is able to be held by him once again. I loved that Haley wanted Nathan to say her nickname more than once. There kiss in the hallway hospital was so sweet as was Haley's breakdown in front of him. 'Cause to Nathan he thought Lydia was taking her first baby steps, and then Haley just loses it. We didn't get a lot of Naley, but what we did get was great!!

Father & Son: Clay & Logan - I just loved Naley's reaction to Clay's father news lol. I really loved how Clay convinced Sarah's parents to let him see and be with his son. One of my favorite parts of this storyline was in this episode. Clay brings Logan an X-Men Jet airplane model, but Logan later rejects it because he feels abandoned by his father. Logan simply asks if he figured out why he was wandering, and I just love Clay's reply to it: "I wasn't wandering. I was looking for something, and it was you". That just melted my heart, and to see Logan's fears go away to run to his father with open arms for a hug just made me smile like a chester cat. It was also nice to see Clay officially introduce his son to Quinn. Oh, I can't wait to see them as a family unit *fansqueels*.

Brooke vs. Papa Davis - Victoria's foreshadowing comes to past in this episode when Ted decides to sell Baker Man under Brooke's nose with the assumption she will say yes. Brooke just went through a wicked attack by a stalker-murderer. Alas, here is Ted making nice to sign the deal. So it was great to see Brooke blow-up and close the door on her day. I hope that means we get to see Victoria return in the next episode. I loved how supportive Julian was with Brooke. If and when Ravens (if that is the show's name then that was the creator's original show title) is created Julian says Ted Davis will never be a character on the show. Btw, I thought it was hoot seeing Julian drive a police cruiser throughout Tree Hill while Dan told him where the sirens were on the car haha.

Overall, it was an outstanding episode and one of the best from the series. To think there are only two episodes left, and then the show will come to a close *sniff*.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #427
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

Review of One Tree Hill's "Anyone Who Had A Heart" -- Forgiveness, Proposal, & Second Chances

I felt this episode was necessary, and it enabled Brooke Davis' story to have full circle closure. How I see it is that they wrote a three part series finale. "Danny Boy" gave the perfect closure and ending to Dan and Keith Scott's stories. This episode was the perfect ending (or beginning) not only for Brooke Davis, but also for Julian, Clay, Quinn, Chase, Mouth, and Logan. What I saw wasn't the One Brooke Hill show. I saw a show that was able to give proper closure to characters long before the series finale even aired. I mean wouldn't you want these characters to have closure prior to the final curtain call rather than squeezing everyone's endings in the last episode.

Don't get me wrong Mark Scwahn can definitely do that because he did it in season four, six, and eight. All the seasons OTH was on the bubble, however; knowing this is the final season I'm glad Mark decided to lengthen the ending by giving the show an unofficial three parter ending. I really enjoyed this episode because it brought such a great payoff for many characters, and it brought happy tears to my eyes.

From Bar "Manager" to Tric Bar Owner: Chase Adams - I'm still glad they went through Chase not being able to fly for the airforce, but they left it open for Chase to fly commerical planes. I was wondering how they will transition Chase so close to the series finale. He is basically broke, so there is no money for classes. So it's to no surprise that I really loved Haley's thoughtful planning with Karen. Chase is able to become Tric's new owner allowing him extra cash in his wallet to get the extra classes to fly commerical planes to fulfill his dreams of flight. Plus it allows us as viewers to say goodbye to Tric in a new concert *fansqueels*. Though I think it's more than ten years for Tric's anniversary lol. I was happy to see some more interaction between Chuck and Chase. I like that Chase didn't badmouth Chuck's dad or anything like that, but completely understood and supported his "little brother". I just kept looking at their scenes and seeing how big Chuck got. He's not a little boy nor bully any longer. Speaking of Chuck I loved how proud Haley was of Chase for what he did for him. It was nice to hear Chase get praise from other than Chris Keller.

The Davis Family - If you asked me if Victoria would be reunited with Ted I would have been laughing quite loudly. I loved how the episode started with Brooke's high school diary. I know many say it's a discontinuity or rewrite. Which it most definitely is, but this discontinuity didn't bug me. It didn't harm the history of Brooke Davis. It fit perfectly with the episode, and the history of the Davis Family. I loved that it was Victoria and Julian that helped complete this once broken family once again. Victoria was able to convince her daughter and ex-husband to use Baker Man as a way to work a business as a family. It's very fitting considering the Davis family have a knack for business mistakes and all lol. I loved how Julian told off Ted with a Dirty Dancing reference to boot!! Ted totally deserved it. So it was nice to finally see the Davis Family hang out together laughing, smiling, and truly enjoying each other's company. Something that high school Brooke always wanted. Sure, it took forever to get to here, but perhaps the Davis family needed to wake up in more ways than one. It's one of the reasons I was glad to see this series continue for nine seasons just to see the Davis family enjoying the Burning Boat Festival. Btw, I loved how they gave high school Brooke the same signature cheerleading clothes and pink backpack.

Mrs. Fix-It: Haley James Scott - Granted we didn't see a whole lot of her in this episode, but what we did see of it was classic Haley!! From getting stuck with Skillz lame cd collection to being there for Chase and Brooke. I loved that they referenced Lucas and Haley's S1 Burning Boat Festival. Man, have times and things changed since then. For an example, seeing adoreable toddler Lydia giving her mama a high five lol. I really think it was fitting seeing Haley giving the Burning Boat Festival speech:

"Well, we all have things that we regret, and we all have things for which we are remorseful. The burning boat festival is our city's time-honored tradition of letting go and giving yourself a second chance. I think we all need those from time to time, right? So I say we take all those failures and let-downs and burdens, and let's torch them!"

I couldn't help, but cheer inside when I heard it. Plus it was great to see majority of the cast in the same place. We haven't seen much of that this season.

Mouth's Dream Jump Started, Skillz Gets a Job, & Return of Junk, Fergie, & Kylie - I was so happy to hear Mouth going back to sports. Mouth without sports isn't the same. It has been his dream since he used to podcast with Jimmy Edwards on the Rivercourt. I can't wait to see Mouth finally in a sport broadcaster job on his terms and not yellow journalism. Plus that was one heck of a transformation of Mouth's weight....d'oh lol. So I guess it's the implied reason for Mouth's weight gain. He missed the sport broadcasting. I love that it was Millie that pointed Mouth the direction he definitely needed. Plus it was great to see Junk, Fergie, Skillz, and Mouth playing basketball on the Rivercourt once again. Speaking of Skillz I'm glad they finally put him somewhere where his mouth could do the work lol. Skillz as a talk show host, on some odd level, totally works hehe. It was great to see Kylie again. I always wondered what happened to her.

Logan's First Visit & Clay Finally Proposes to Quinn - I loved all of the scenes with Clay, Logan, and Quinn. I mean all of them lol. I loved how scared and uncomfortable Logan was at Clay's beach house because I wouldn't buy if Logan was okay with his new room and etc. Oh, speaking of Logan's room I loved how perfect Clay made it from the airplanes, Logan's name in big words just like his nursery, and a reading corner with new comic books for Logan to read. It was all very thoughtful for Clay to do. I loved the referenced parallel of Logan's fear of the ocean to Quinn's fear of the ocean. Quinn's was a metaphor for life while Logan's was a simplistic child fear of sharks and jellyfish lol. It was too adoreable to see Clay and Quinn help Logan into the ocean. To think all it took was Quinn offering Clay some ice cream afterwords lol. Logan was just too adoreable with Quinn and Clay. I loved how Quinn took pictures of Clay and Logan, and Clay took pictures of Quinn and Logan. It was such an adoreable family moment. You can totally see Logan being a pro surfer or swimmer who loves his comic books hehe. I don't know if that would happen in the future, but I can envision it. Plus it was great to hear Logan call Clay "dad" for the first time with all smiles with Quinn. It was so sweet to see Quinn put a picture of Sarah in Logan's room. It was so fitting, and something Quinn James would do to help a young child in his transition.

Way back in season seven I remember people already loathing Clay and Quinn's arrival because of the departure of Peyton and Lucas. While I love Clay and Quinn it doesn't ruin or diminish my enjoyment of Peyton and Lucas. Over the passed three seasons I have grown attached to Quinn and Clay from their struggles to their humor. So to hear Clay propose to Quinn....finally...I literally yelled out loud 'YES! YES!" It was the perfect moment because Logan feel asleep on Quinn in the tent, and Quinn said they were a family. Clay's proposal was perfect from what he said to Logan getting into the act by giving his dad his Green Lantern ring (repeat mode: I love all the DC and Marvel references in this show lol):
Clay: Thank you for everything you've done for me. Thank you for sleeping in a tent and for going in the ocean. Whatever happened to immensity?
Quinn: Immensity's not so scary when I have our family to help me face it.
Clay: "Our family." I like the way that sounds. I love you so much, Quinn.
Quinn: And I love you.
Clay: We should get married. Want to?
Quinn: What?
Clay: I haven't gotten you a ring yet.I'm sorry, but I want to marry you. I love you.
[Logan pops up his Green Lantern ring]
Clay: Clutch move, kid...Marry me, Quinn James.
Quinn: Yes, of course I will.

The whole moment was perfect!! This moment has been referenced since season eight. I was fansqueeling and was in happy tear mode seeing them. I loved that Logan gave his father his approval for Quinn to be his stepmom, and Quinn mess with Logan's hair as a thank you. I don't know if we will be able to see Quinn and Clay's wedding, but this fan would totally enjoy it. If we don't, then I totally understand considering the running time limit.

Julian's TV Show Greenlighted - This has to be one of the most polarizing moves that Mark has done. I know many people hate it. I haven't made my mind up about it. I totally don't hate the idea of what Julian is doing to Brooke's past. In fact, I don't even know if the show is solely on Brooke's history. If it was, then why would Julian need Whitey's coach room? I guess I'm perplexed if Julian is adaptating Lucas' book into a Brooke Davis point of view (which one is allowed to do with the rights), or if he is altering only a few things with the Unkindness of Ravens novel. So it's kinda hard for me to be mad if I don't exactly understand what aspects Julian is adapting. I know and completely understand people being annoyed with the fact that Julian is rewriting history, but that's something even Brooke stated in this episode. She fully knows that Julian is altering her history. There are a ton of tv shows based on book series, but have a completely different mythology and characters *cough*The Vampire Diaries*cough* for an example. I guess my point is for me to give a full opinion I need to see the series finale to make up my mind.

Other than that I loved how Julian describe his show because that is exactly how One Tree Hill to me. Sometimes to like a show you don't need to jump on the bandwagon just because everyone else is. Sometimes you enjoy a show that means something to you whether because you relate to the characters or the music and book quotes give you something to think about. I'm really looking forward to seeing the show recreated on the show itself. Plus I loved the Dawson's Creek reference because everyone was calling parallels to that series finale lol.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. It felt like Part 2 of 3 to OTH series finale *sniff*. Last week I cried happy and sad tears, and this week I just cried sad tears. I think I will need a box of tissues this upcoming Wednesday lol. I needed for Friday Night Lights, Lost, Buffy, Angel, and Smallville. So why would One Tree Hill's series finale be any different? Next week is going to be bittersweet. However, I'm glad it will air during my Spring Break so I won't be too tired for work on Thursday lol.

Last edited by Summers; 03-31-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #428
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

My Review of One Tree Hill's Series Finale -- It's Like Saying Good-Bye to a Piece of My Past...

Another show from my past has ended this week *sniff*. This is the last WB show era, and it feels so weird to say that. There are many shows that hold a sentimental value to my heart. They might not have been critically acclaimed. They might not have had the high ratings. They might have been on the bubble most of their series life. However, some of those shows are some of the best of the bunch. One Tree Hill is one such show that didn't have high ratings, critical acclaim, or even earth shattering publicity. Yet, it's not the reason why I started watching the show lol.

I didn't start watching OTH live until the fifth season, but even then due to my heavy schedule a lot of times I would catch up by watching the season on dvd. When I first saw the commericals on the WB network I thought it was lame and it was about....well....you seen Gossip Girl commericals lol. I totally bought into the misleading marketing. Until one day when I was picking up a Buffy dvd I saw OTH S1 on sale for only $20 bucks. I thought okay it's on sale, and some of my friends are hooked on it. I'll give it a spin. It's one tv show investment I do not regret. One Tree Hill is a show that felt like it was talking to me on a personal level. I have a few shows that do that whether in a metaphorical Hellmouth sort of way, or an overvocabularized sort of way like Dawson's Creek. One Tree Hill is unique in a sense where it felt like you can seriously meet any one of these characters on the street or in a high school hallway.

One Tree Hill is a show that not only delivered relateable characters, but emphasized the importances of books, sports, music, family, and friends. Granted there is some soap-opera like moments, however; the show is not afraid to show its heart, corny, and even laugh at itself. It what it is. One Tree Hill was promoted as a Cain and Abel story on a basketball court, but the show is bigger than that....it's about life. Even though the show had a 50 minute series finale, with a wicked retrospective 40 minutes with cast and crew before it, I felt the show had an unofficial three part finale starting with "Danny Boy" and ending with "One Tree Hill".

Looking Back & Accomplishments - One of my favorite things about the series finale is having Nathan, Haley, and Brooke looking back at their former selves. Seeing what they were when they were 17 years old, and then before you know it a decade has passed. They all accomplished their dreams and more. It was great to see young Nathan playing on the Rivercourt, Brooke cheerleading, and Haley decked out in her glasses making her senior list. Looking back you really couldn't foresee all the events that happened to them, but wow what an amazing ride it was.

One Constant Couple...Always & Forever: Nathan Scott & Haley James - There aren't many shows that can say they had a constant couples. One Tree Hill had various hook-ups, but there is no doubt that several of the couples on the show were meant to be. Alas, I don't use the term "meant to be" lightly either hehe. Nathan and Haley have to one of my favorite couples of all time. The moments in the series finale were filled with callbacks to the Cracker Jack prize braclet to kissing in the rain. It was great to see them enjoy the rain one last time.

James Lucas Scott - Has finally come to realize that his name holds a lot of meaning, and there are certain expectations to it. Something Lucas and Nathan have gone through since they were children. I really loved what Nathan told Jamie at the Rivercourt. In the first season we saw first hand how brutal Dan was to Nathan about sports. In the series finale we see Nathan passing down the legacy that Keith has been thriving for since Nathan and Lucas were children. To be okay with yourself, and you can do whatever you want to do by putting your mind to it. To play a sport not because of your name or your skill, but to play just to play. Which Jamie Scott ended up doing. Jamie figured out what exactly what he wanted. To have a happy family that Naley has provided for him, play basketball, and to beat his old man's scoring record. As we can see Nathan wasn't angry about his son beating his record, but overjoyed and proudful at his son's achievement. I really didn't think they could do a full circle on Jamie's character, but they did and I loved it. I got a bit tearful when I saw teen Jamie in his Ravens' jersey.

Home Sweet Home: Brooke Davis & Julian Baker - I gotta admit I gushed when Julian bought Brooke her childhood house. Before that's what it was....a house....a place of shelter. However, having the Baker family and reunited Davis family in there the house with the red door will not become a home as it should have been along. I really loved seeing the sets of hallway and Peyton's room once again. It was a small moment, but I loved seeing Baker Man successfully launch online and hearing Brooke buying the space across the street from Karen's Cafe.

The Evans Family Officially Become a Family: Clay, Quinn, & Logan - The series finale held some of my favorite moments from the Evans family. I have admit I got a bit teary during the Respective Hour before the finale, but I kept it together for the most part. However, I just lost it with the Evans family lol. I loved how Clay asked Logan if he could be his dad again for good, and Logan innocently replies "you're already my dad, Dad" which totally melted my heart. Yet, that's not what did me in. What did me in was hearing Logan call Quinn "Mom" for the first time. I wasn't expecting him to say it, and the way Logan said was so natural, caring, and sweet. I loved Quinn's reaction to Logan calling her mom. Her face was so stunned, and then went to happy. It was great to see the three of them together becoming a family. I don't mind Clay and Quinn getting married in the court house because I can totally see them having a full out wedding just like Naley did in S3. Plus it seemed fitting to have them married before they adopt Logan. I really loved seeing them in the courthouse all happy with smiles. After what happened with Clay and Quinn since S7 their ending was so well worth it!! My fanwishes were fulfilled *fansqueels*.

Mouth Turns a Negative into a Positive - I wasn't expecting to hear Dan gave Mouth a half of million dollars in his will. I was pondering the whole time what he would do with it, and I have to say I really loved what he did with it. It's right up there with Grey's Anatomy's Izzie Stevens donating the check, she received from Denny Duquette's will, to build a clinic to help others. I loved that Mouth made a scholarship fund for athletes, sports agents, and broadcasters (all three things we have seen on the show), and it named it The Edward Scott Scholarship Fund named after Jimmy Edwards and Keith Scott *sniff*. It was all so fitting to see it happen, and to have Mouth deliver this news in his sportscaster chair at the news station. Mouth finally made what he always wanted to do. Saying the things he always wanted to say without yellow journalism. Lastly, giving a chance to finally eclipse the horrific events from that day Jimmy and Keith lost their lives. Jimmy mentioned to the students in the Tutor Center that no matter what happens he will always be seen as the kid shot up Tree Hill High School. So it was nice to see things come full circle in a positive way.

Chase Becomes Bar Owner & Chris Keller Gets His Second Chase - I was waiting for Alex or Mia to pop up for Chase to interact, but I guess the moment Chase deleted things off his cell phone in the previous episodes was an implication his romantic storylines were done. Though in my little bubble I see Mia and Chase hooking up again lol. Chase and Chris' interaction was amusing in this episode especially when they were staking out the Sisters Grimm apartment haha. Tyler Hilton just killed it with his "Loaded Gun"!! It was fun to see him doing a bit of Elvis with the crowd. It was really nice to see Naley thank Chris for all his help the past month or so by giving him his "Haley James" guitar back and giving him a second chance at recording. It's really fitting for Chris Keller to be under the Red Bedroom Records label. When it happened I was like.....DUH!!

Tric Anniversary Concert - It's seriously hard to beat the USO and Friends With Benefits Concerts, but I really loved the music in this episode. I never heard of Blindspot before, but I really loved the opening song. It was great to see Haley sing for one final time. Bethany Joy always kills me with her voice!! I wasn't expecting Gavin DeGraw to show up, but I so loved it hehe. I really loved the music DeGraw played, and I was so hoping he would play the theme song "I Don't Want to Be". So when he played those first two notes I was just so giddy lol. One of my favorite parts was seeing the cast singing and dancing to the theme song. It was so endearing as well watching this big group of friends and family hang out at Karen's Cafe with all of their young babies. There are just subtle moments you just soak in from Quinn playfully taking Logan's pastry to Nathan rough housing with Jamie. I loved seeing Chuck, Logan, and Jamie playing together. You know this means Jamie and Logan are now cousins *fansqueels*. There was so much to love about the music in this episode. I will always love how the music became such a character in this show. So much so my youngest sister and I started to sing "I Don't Want to Be" along with the cast hehe.

Time Jump Flashforward - So I'm thinking we jumped a good 7-8 years 'cause I think Jamie is a junior. I don't see Jamie topping his father record's in the first two years. I really love seeing the flashforward because it did answer some questions. The couples are going strong and doing well. Bevin broke up with Tim, and is now with Skillz (as it should...squeels). Mouth and Millie got married, and now expecting their first child *fansqueels*. The OTH: Next Generation are a bit older ranging from 8-17. They casted the perfect children to play Lydia, Jude, Davis, and Logan. Lydia looked like her namesake Grandma Lydia. Jude had his signature curly hair, and Davis looked all sophicated with his hairstyle. Preteen Logan was perfectly casted because he looked just like a combo of Sarah and Clay. I love the looks the children and their parents give each other at the basketball game. I'm glad they didn't show a teenage Chuck, or show Jamie's face because Jackson and Michael have been Chuck and Jamie since season five. They own those characters. In my mind I see Jamie playing the Ravens with Chuck and Andre. Plus having a triangle of his own, bigger than it was before, with Madison in the middle. In my mind Jamie and Madison are totally endgame!! I love the last shots of the show was having the characters look at their younger selves (loved they showed Nathan's famous not-seeing two pointer shot), a freeze frame shot of Jamie's jersey (Jamie did say he wanted 12 to be his number), and of course the final shot is the whole cast clapping and smiling. All the while having an amazing voiceover monologue said by nearly all of the characters:

"If you had a friend you knew you weren’t gonna see again, what would you say ? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be ? Say it. Do it. Don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever. Make a wish. Place it in your heart. Anything you want, everything you want. Do you have it ? Good. Now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle will come from. The next memory. The next smile. The next wish come true. But if you believe that it’s right around the corner, you open your mind and heart to every possibility of it. You jst might get the thing you wished for. The world is full of magic. You jst have to believe in it. So make your wish. Do you have it ? Good. Now believe in it. With all your heart.”

An amazing series finale!! It was also filled with easter eggs of the past from ravens flying overhead to NOFX band sticker for long time fans (you know me and my love for entertainment easter eggs hehe). "One Tree Hill" felt like a coda to what we always knew about this show. Was the series finale perfect? Hmm....I don't think any series finale is perfect by any means. There is always a woulda, shoulda, and coulda. There is always a what if as well. I have seen many planned series finales over the years. As I said earlier I thought OTH had an unofficial three parter with "Danny Boy", "Anyone Who Had a Heart", and "One Tree Hill". So I thought in comparison to other series finale OTH had one of the the best!! Since the show was on the bubble many years we also had some exceptional full circle finales in S4, S6, and S8. So I really don't have any regrets with this series finale. It came in quiet, and ended in quiet. It is what it is.

I will never forget and always recommend this show.

Always and forever.

Good Night One Tree Hill....

Last edited by Summers; 11-18-2012 at 07:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Summers For This Useful Post:
mygirl911 (04-15-2012)
Old 04-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #429
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

Quote:
Tree Hill's Finale: Burning Questions Answered!

It’s been a little over a week since we said a sad so long to Nathan Scott & Co., and — since we’re still in the early stages of mourning (aka denial) — we decided a trip back to One Tree Hill was in order.

Here, creator Mark Schwahn and star James Lafferty relive the series finale and answer your lingering questions, which likely include “What about Peyton?” “Why Bevin?” And, of course, “How come no one in Tree Hill ages?!”

Were any scenes cut from the series finale?

Schwahn tells us that, thankfully, the network agreed to air the uncut OTH finale, so we’ve seen it all. Ready to be shocked? Had the edited version been broadcast, the “I Don’t Want to Be” singalong would have been scrapped! “[That edit] was really odd,” he muses. “We went right into the U2 song ‘One Tree Hill’… and then the jump ahead.” Also edited out originally was “all of the twintern stuff with Chase and Chris Kellar.”

What was it like shooting the entire cast singing along to “I Don’t Want to Be”?

“It was cool,” Lafferty recalls. “We were all just shouting out the lyrics at the top of our lungs.” But for all you eagle-eyed viewers, go back and take a closer look — you might notice a little continuity error. “There’s one shot where you can see us in our old spots in the background, and then it cuts to us actually in the crowd,” the actor shares. All that said, Lafferty just hopes “it looks like we were having fun, because we were absolutely having every bit as much fun as it appeared.”

Why was Bevin chosen to return to the series in such a major way?

Explains Schwahn, “I didn’t want to use a day player…. [This character at the courthouse] works in Tree Hill, so I thought, ‘Is there someone [from the past] that would fit that?’” The showrunner adds that he and his trusty team “were also trying to maximize our opportunities to see old faces, so I thought that [Bevin] would be perfect there.” Plus, “Then there was the Skills payoff at the very end, so it just flowed.”

In retrospect, is there anyone else the show wanted to bring back, but wasn’t able to?

As if there was any question, Schwahn says he would have loved to see Peyton back in Tree Hill. “That character was so significant,” he shares. “I loved [her] so much, and I think a lot of fans loved that character. So, it was a little odd not to see Peyton.” But, says Schwahn, showbiz is exactly that, and had circumstances been different, he “would have [brought her back], creatively.”

Why did no one age in the series-ending flash forward?

“We all had been taking really good care of ourselves at the exact moment and using the same anti-aging face cream,” Lafferty explains, with a laugh. “Contrary to popular opinion, our kids growing up actually made us look younger. It’s kind of an anomaly.”
Source: TV Line

I'm glad CW aired the uncut series finale. 'Cause seeing the characters sing the show's theme song was one of my favorite moments of the whole series .

Old 04-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #430
Liesbeth
Liesbeth
is a Superhero Geek
Feel Free to Be Yourself

Thanks Melly for all your revieuws ! Can't wait till Belgium air it so I can enjoy it too ! And so we can talk about it more !

♥ Feel Free to be Yourself... Never Ever Give Up... At Any Cost...! ♥
Liesbeth is offline   Reply With Quote