Go Back   Devoted Fans Network > Entertainment Forums > Movies

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:17 AM   #81
Eric_Draven
Eric_Draven
has no status.

My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
A big WORD!! The closest I can relate to Tony on that level is that my own father stopped working the restaurant business because he wanted to spend more time with his wife and two children. Jump to thirty some years later my parents are still married and three more children were added to the bunch hehe. I just thought they wrote Howard speech so well, and the actor delivered it so well without really talking to anyone in front of him.
I am so happy for you Messi and that would definitely 'splain why you are so close to you Fachar When a person realises that everything in the world is immaterial and therefore comes and goes; family is what will be with you til the end. Oh and glad you enjoyed that scene as well

Quote:
If you want to talk about it in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine thread (it's at the bottom of the Marvel Movies Board), then I'll meet you there .
Alrighty then. I've laid down the gauntlet so I'll be keeping a lookout for your post there. To be continued...

Quote:
If you want I can refind the article in the first thread. 'Cause I remember reading it.
Messi - I trust you! You don't need to be so worried about quotes and references with me because I know you know your stuff... ya know?

Quote:
Even then casting couldn't help in the horrible screenplay of the Green Lantern movie. If they just simply followed their first screenplay (that had things right no matter the demographic viewer), then it would have made things easier.
I guess we shouldn't be too hard with Reynolds - well I shouldn't because I haven't even seen the film and I don't know how close his performance was to the character of Green Lantern

I totally believe that for any film to be good, it has to start off with a good script. Then it will simply be easier for all the other parts of the film to get right: getting the right director, cast etc.

I think because GL had never been a film before, it was way to easy to convince the people that be to make him as much of a kiddie character as possible: by getting the whole family to watch, that's where all the money will come from. I just hope they now realise that if WB stays true to any character (like they did with Batman, the Watchmen and others) then it would definitely be a success

Quote:
Plus I love Keanu Reeves. I think he is underrated, and anyone that takes care of their family gets a big from me hehe.
One of the best compliments I ever got was I looked like him! Was grinning like a dope for the rest of the week lol I really do feel sorry for him though since he really can't emote, but yeah what he done for his sister... I really hope she gets better I don't know when the documentary will come out but I'm really looking forward to it though!
Old 03-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #82
Kal-EL
Kal-EL
awaits The Return of THE DARK KNIGHT
The Caped Crusader

My Mood: Inspired

Avengers Behind-the-Scenes exclusive from Norton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGQ9JlZ5h1o

SOURCE: https://avengerssweepsfbuat.icmodus.com/default.aspx

Last edited by Kal-EL; 03-26-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #83
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek
Back to the Grind...AHH!!

My Mood: Cool

Thanks Kal . We didn't get much in new footage, but I loved seeing the cast () talking about their characters and movies. It looked like Iron Man just clocked Thor in the forest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Draven View Post
I am so happy for you Messi and that would definitely 'splain why you are so close to you Fachar When a person realises that everything in the world is immaterial and therefore comes and goes; family is what will be with you til the end. Oh and glad you enjoyed that scene as well
Yea, I'm really close to my parents so I get a bit sentimental when any topic of parents are discussed lol.

Quote:
I don't know how close his performance was to the character of Green Lantern
In my humble opinion his performance made the horrible redrafted script worse. It was just Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds, but also trying to be Tony Stark. Which is not who Hal Jordan is lol.

Quote:
One of the best compliments I ever got was I looked like him! Was grinning like a dope for the rest of the week lol I really do feel sorry for him though since he really can't emote, but yeah what he done for his sister... I really hope she gets better I don't know when the documentary will come out but I'm really looking forward to it though!
True, Keanu Reeves doesn't have a lot of broad strokes in acting, but he is great in sci-fi and action films hehe. I haven't heard an update about his sister, but him taking care of her just melts my heart :sniff:.

arts: Myself/Tumblr
Old 03-27-2012, 04:27 AM   #84
Eric_Draven
Eric_Draven
has no status.

Quote:
Yea, I'm really close to my parents so I get a bit sentimental when any topic of parents are discussed lol.
I know you're extremely close to your Fachar (I just love how the Dutch guy in Austin Power's Goldmember says it!) you mention him a lot

Quote:
In my humble opinion his performance made the horrible redrafted script worse. It was just Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds, but also trying to be Tony Stark. Which is not who Hal Jordan is lol.
Then that's settled - Reynolds shouldn't even think about being in the movie if they ever do decide to make another Lantern. Considering Batman is now over and it's still a year before Superdude is out, there doesn't seem to be another DC character coming out. That's extremely worrying considering how many Marvel characters are being turned into successful films. Now is a good time as any to perhaps given Lantern another chance?

Quote:
True, Keanu Reeves doesn't have a lot of broad strokes in acting, but he is great in sci-fi and action films hehe. I haven't heard an update about his sister, but him taking care of her just melts my heart :sniff:.
So true, he is actually very good in films where he just does what he needs to be told The biggest news has to be the script for Bill and Ted 3 is complete and if that film goes ahead soon - with the amazing effects that they could do nowadays the film could be... DUDE!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #85
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Draven View Post
Then that's settled - Reynolds shouldn't even think about being in the movie if they ever do decide to make another Lantern. Considering Batman is now over and it's still a year before Superdude is out, there doesn't seem to be another DC character coming out. That's extremely worrying considering how many Marvel characters are being turned into successful films. Now is a good time as any to perhaps given Lantern another chance?
Aren't they going to reboot or continue Christopher Nolan's Batman just with a new director and casting? I'm hoping they get Flash off the ground if they never get Green Lantern fixed properly.

Btw, I replied to your X-Men Origins: Wolverine comments in that movie's thread.

Behind the Scenes Stills

Last edited by Summers; 03-27-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:42 AM   #86
Eric_Draven
Eric_Draven
has no status.

Quote:
Aren't they going to reboot or continue Christopher Nolan's Batman just with a new director and casting? I'm hoping they get Flash off the ground if they never get Green Lantern fixed properly.
I think right now WB is just focusing on TDKR with the advertising, and just trying to make the release of the film world wide as successful as possible

It would be impossible for them to leave the Batman franchise after how successful it's been, so while it would be a long time before anything new will be announced: it will just be a matter of time.

I think that in order to remain respectful to team Nolan and everything they have done, a new Batman film/franchise will definitely be a different vision to these three films. It will be a way for the new Director to put their own mark on the films; it will show the audience that this time they'll be seeing something different and therefore will be worth checking out. I think it will be lighter and much less grounded in reality which is what they have to do in order for the more exotic villians to make an appearance.

If anything, WB can look at the Amazing Spider-Man and when they see how successful that is, they could possibly make the Villian Killer Croc! The possibilities are endless but WB will definitely take their time in making sure they will get the right people to work on it (Hopefully anyways).

I totally forgot about The Flash! lol But I know that film's been in development Hell for a long time now. Didn't Goyer also write the script for that? I'm actually really hoping that would get made because he definitely would work as a film. In the mean time, there's plenty of Comic book movies coming out to satisfy our hunger

Quote:
Btw, I replied to your X-Men Origins: Wolverine comments in that movie's thread.
I'm on my way there now

Here's a new poster for The Avengers

Poster

Also Sound Garden will be releasing a track for the film! They're reuniting after 14 years and although I just liked Black Hole Sun It would be great to hear what they'll be coming out with.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #87
LuckySparks
LuckySparks
IS waiting for SV season ten.
Devoted Member

My Mood: Cheerful

Summer I totally geeked out when they showed the Avengers trailer before The Hunger Games, OMG, one more month to go!

avatar by mark93 and banner by Rob

LETS GO HEAT!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #88
Summers
Summers
is a Superhero Geek

Your lucky Lucky . I didn't get the new Avengers trailer at my showing last week.

Avengers LEGO Style

International TV Spot w/ New Footage

Tony did a rundown of the team . Nice!! I've been dying to see that dialogue since the Disney Expo . Just loved the new shot of Steve Rogers .

ETA: They also released another tv spot known as "Head Count" that includes new footage.....two words....HULK SMASH!!

Domestic TV Spot W/ New Footage

I love Tony's laugh at the end lol.

Last edited by Summers; 03-30-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:54 AM   #89
Eric_Draven
Eric_Draven
has no status.

I really wish Marvel would stop releasing all these trailers and stuff - I'm about to turn into Hulk myself cos I can't contain the excitement any longer!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #90
LuckySparks
LuckySparks
IS waiting for SV season ten.
Devoted Member

My Mood: Cheerful

One more month to go it is almost here, you got to love Tony, I maybe in love with Thor but Iron Man is my favorite, who doesn't love a super hero with a sense of humor.

avatar by mark93 and banner by Rob

LETS GO HEAT!!!
Closed Thread