Devoted Fans Network Forums Gallery DFN Network Sites DFN Social Media
Devoted Fans Network News

Go Back   Devoted Fans Network > Entertainment Forums > Television > Current Television Boards > True Blood

Old 11-21-2011, 04:52 AM   #1
Lori
Lori
is so happy for Mr and Mrs Queen
Devoted Member

My Mood: Bashful
Default Dead Locked - Book 12

An unofficial synopsis has been released by risingshadow.net

Quote:
With Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), in town, itís the worst possible time for a body to show up in Eric Northmanís front yard ó especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now, itís up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girlís fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, whoís out to make Sookieís world come crashing down.
For me this looks exciting, I think someone is trying to frame Eric (the Queen of Oklahoma) because I think Eric may be trying to get out of his marriage to her that his maker set up. Sookie's enemy in this book will be the Queen who is trying to take Eric from her, at least that's where my money is

Avi by Tehzo
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
*Avalee*
*Avalee*
has no status.
I ♥ Drogo :)

My Mood: Happy

thanks Lori!

yea im with you on that. i really hope this can get solved in this book. i don't want 3 more books of eric/sookie/bitch triangle! lol

Credit: lurid_persona; Brittney
*Avalee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:16 AM   #3
Lori
Lori
Devoted Member

This is the penultimate book, only one more to go after this one!

Although I have to say, I'll take an Eric/Sookie/bitch triangle over Eric/Sookie/Bill any day lol

Avi by Tehzo
Old 11-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
*Avalee*
*Avalee*
has no status.

hahahah true!

oh yeah thats right, its almost over soon! but ya know.. i've talked to people about this and we all kinda feel its been winding down anyway. i'll be sad to see it end but theres only so much sookie can take haha

Old 11-30-2011, 06:36 AM   #5
Lori
Lori
Devoted Member

Definately, Charlaine has done well in gradually closing all the loose threads and it looks like that is continuing.

Avi by Tehzo
Old 05-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
*Avalee*
*Avalee*
has no status.

ok so i just finished! SPOILER WARNING!!

so i thought the book was a great read but im soooo sad at the eric/sookie situation i get it, but i am NOT happy about it.

so, i basically think she's gearing up to have sookie end up with sam. now, i don't mind sam in the books but i keep picturing the sam from the show and thats what i don't like lol. but after reading what happened ... i can buy that she loves him. but im still just SOOO sad about eric.

he loves her, but he put it all on her shoulders to use the magic of the cluviel dor to get out of his obligations to the queen of OK when he could have done something himself about it. that pissed me off. love should be able to find a way damnit!

i mean, i believe he doesn't want this thing with the queen but he didn't do ENOUGH. i really thought he would and thats what im so sad for.

so, i dunno, its not set in stone yet so i guess theres always hope but i can see CH putting her with sam cuz that way she'd get to have a family and a normal life. you can tell sookie is tired of the vamp politics and i really can't blame her. how much can one person put up with? after being constantly battered and beaten, i'd be done too lol.

and im going to miss dermot! but its good the fae can all be together now. and i was shocked about claude! love that all the fae rallied against him though.

so all in all a good book, but it left me sad. e/s fans have come sooo far since book 1. and its one thing for eric to be with another woman, even though he doesn't love her, but thats hard enough let alone him being with a bitch! if she was decent i might have been ok eventually but she's just like all the rest.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Lori
Lori
Devoted Member

I thought this was a good who done it yarn and I didn't see the culprit being Claude at all. Those fae are nasty devious pieces of work, sad as you say that Dermot has gone though.

I too felt uncomfortable with E/S I was screaming for Eric to just talk to her lol part of me thinks because he doesn't have the bond anymore he's doubting Sookies feelings or the depth of them and is unwilling to put his neck on the line just in case. Eric does need to get out of this mess himself and I believe he will. Charlaine wrote him as being the perfect vampire and I'm sure this was all stall before them finally being happy in the last book.

Sookie did the right thing saving Sam.

I loved Eric's line about Bill declaring his love and it being more than Eric's love lol

Avi by Tehzo

Last edited by Lori; 07-02-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
*Avalee*
*Avalee*
has no status.

i sooo hope you're right girl, but im just really not as sure as i once was anymore!

though i do think there has to be more of a conversation with e/s in the last book... i mean.. whether she ends up with him or not, i would be sooo sad if he's barely in the next one afterall that we've been through with eric! to just end it like that is crazy and i can't imagine she'd do that to all his fans. so i will always have hope.

that being said, im worried about sam now for the first time in ...ever! LoL

Old 07-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
Lori
Lori
Devoted Member

Nope I'm convinced lol you don't spend almost a whole book series working on a relationship only to dump it for another suitor in the last book, trust me Hun This book was all about Eric being locked in and having to choose between power and love, in the final book we'll see him choose love and maybe even Pam will marry the Queen, she'd be an excellent match too and has many Eric qualities.
Quote:
Pam. "She's more of a friend to Sookie than she knows"
Eric is a master chess player he always has a plan lol I think Sookie breaking the bond shook him and to me they were testing each other in this book

Sookie said she loved Eric a lot in this book, she left Sam's side to take Eric's hand in that final scene and she still calls Sam her boss or friend, she's not going to fall out of love with Eric and in love with Sam in one book, I just can't see it.

This was my biggest hint

Quote:
" I watched television for a while---an old black-and-white movie about a man and a woman who loved one another but had to overcome all sorts of things to be together... "
This is what the whole book series has been about and it's been about Sookie with Eric not Sam.

If I'm wrong we'll dang will not see it coming lol

Avi by Tehzo

Last edited by Lori; 07-04-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #10
*Avalee*
*Avalee*
has no status.

aw, love that optimisim! i really hope all that stuff with sam is just a ruse. because to have eric come so far only to realize he never really changed at all would just be so depressing

so for me, even if it ends up not being e/s, then i sincerely hope she still does NOT have eric go with that queen bitch. i'd rather have them be apart and him alone than to be stuck forever with a bitch who he doesn't love and who doesn't love him.

thats what im scared of though.. this scenario is perfect ...for the OLD eric. would the eric of book 1 choose this? YES. but i can not believe this newer eric would accept this without fighting for sookie. and leaving it all on her shoulders is NOT fighting. so i need to see him step it up. i believe with all my heart he changed, i do not like being wrong. so i will continue to hope along with you until we read otherwise!