Network Sites

Official SFO Social Groups
Become more apart of our
online community TODAY!
Follow us on ...

DFN TV Forums

DFN Celebrity Forums
Latest Supernatural News
<div style="background-color: none transparent;"><a href="http://www.rsspump.com/?web_widget/rss_widget/twitter_widget" title="web widget">Twitter Widget</a></div>

Go Back   Devoted Fans Network > Entertainment Forums > Television > Current Television Boards > Supernatural > Supernatural Episode Forums > Supernatural - Season 4 > 4.19 - Jump The Shark

Old 04-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #101
Janet
Janet
has no status.
DFN Forum Leader

My Mood: Fine

We'd understand John's POV more if he was in the episode.

*pointed cough at JDM*

Janet "Hey JDM, the sets looking a little lonely over here. There's room for one more fuzzy warm teddy bear of a daddy... can you fill the gap in my heart?"

JDM *feels guilt tripped into joining SN again*

Janet *jumps gleefully all over Dean and Papa*

Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:48 AM   #102
kalinda
kalinda
has no status.

I'm the minority here...hehehe ... I don't blame John, I mean as Sam said, their dad was a human, needed things this and that.. and why he hid his secret sooo deep.. I bought Dean's reasoning, to protect everyone, bec what the life that they had, was not easy, moving around, living on the edge, this and that.. If that ghouls thing didn't kidnap Adam's mom, there was a chance that Dean/Sam didn't have to meet Adam... so Papa John thought... I was suprised myself that I kinda took this epi, nicely. Kinda like it to see the shifting of the boys... Dean being the hunter all along, thinks the opposite for Adam's sake, whilst Sam on the other hand, the reluctant hunter.. taught Adam how to hunt.. and this is like the way Kripke/writers prepare us to the idea of how worst the situation later on, re: Dean vs Sam, ... that Sam is totally a changed person, he sees thing differently from Dean.. and it hurts Dean... when Dean compared Sam to being more like his dad, and Sam said something I took that as a compliment, while Dean thought otherwise, the look on his face showed that.. breaks my heart .... I believe Dean saw things much clearer now.. he didn't take things (from John) blindly anymore... so-called the obedient son.. it's like this 'obedient' son shifted to Sam. Sam agreed everything that JOhn had taught/said to them now.. ... I don't hate Adam (nope, not at all), and as I said... I don't even blame John... but I do understand Dean's feeling, but when Dean came to his senses, he really would like to grant John's wish, not to involve Adam, I sooo saw my Dean, being protective all over again...and Sam.. now being a 'changed Sam, willing to take everything, no holding back, willing to take Adam into their journey... I totally can relate to his actions as well. 2 brothers see things from 2 different perspectives, kinda 'understand' respective actions from both..

and derek
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPReporter View Post
Can't say I have much issue with this episode. Could to the biggest part consider it a filler episode, just to further shake up the boys world and at this point, don't have any issue with that.
I second yr comment...
kalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #103
Shaula
Shaula
Brotherly Love is the key, the cause and it's making us whole
SFO Site Manager

Thanked 4,101 Times in 2,450 Posts

Vita.... I don't blame John for hidden this, not really. It was what he did to Sam and Dean while acting as a normal father to Adam that made me so mad.

It was a big smack on my face.

But it doesn't matter how I feel. It's done.... It's Kripke way to say:
"See? I can do whatever I want. Just suck it up, you idiots!"

This kind of attitude from the writers was what drove me far away from Smallville and it's hurting me beyond words to see it happening with Supernatural.
Thanks to Sarah_ben and Lere!
Shaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #104
kalinda
kalinda
has no status.

Lele, I wouldn't call it normal though, Adam knew he had a father at the age of 12? ... I believe John was not a father of the year as well to Adam. He might have, purposely take Adam to baseball game or was with him on bdays, to replace all the years he missed, and I could take it that John might have lowdown time every now and then, this thing with Adam's mom is prob. one of them, he needed someone. I don't think John was around that much as well. Adam did ask Dean, what was he like.. and when Dean answered you knew him, Adam answered "not as well as you". I still believe, what John had with the boys were much more father-son relationship, than him w/ Adam... it is different vibe when Adam talked about John than when the boys talked about him....if you consider this epi as a mistake, I do hope you can "forgive" Eric and the writer...(kiss2)
Old 04-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #105
Shaula
Shaula
SFO Site Manager

If John was able to be like that with Adam, why to give Dean and Sam a hard time?

Why did he drop everything to meet the boy, but didn't even answer the phone when Dean was dying?

I'm sorry, Vita. I can't even think about forgiving them now.

Maybe some day..... When Sam and Dean have their happy ending.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #106
kalinda
kalinda
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
If John was able to be like that with Adam, why to give Dean and Sam a hard time?
Why did he drop everything to meet the boy, but didn't even answer the phone when Dean was dying?
I'm sorry, Vita. I can't even think about forgiving them now.

Maybe some day..... When Sam and Dean have their happy ending.

why thought that when Dean needed him he was available Lele? I believe he was not with Adam when Dean needed him the most, he was somewhere fighting demons, he was busy with his revenge, exactly the same situation that Sam has at this point. We might think, why Sam is doing this/that, he could have chosen other paths, but he's doing things for reasons that we might not 'see/completely understand' it now. That's my thought. I don't know, I won't make things hard (for me), bec. I do love SN so I make the best out of it... and I do believe, John has faith in both boys and knew they could do it w/o him. With Adam, it's another story (imo), he's not comparing the boys and Adam.... this is his 'other' life, like his escaping world for him.. the world that he didn't want Adam and his 'partner' know and being introduced to ... I got his point.

.. and as much as I want a happy ending, I won't expect it's gonna happen.. knowing kripke..*sigh*... BUT above all, I know I'm gonna be Ok with whatever ending there is ...

I guess we just have to agree to disagree...hehehe (kiss2)
Old 04-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #107
Jinnocence
Jinnocence
loving the hottest guy ever.
is worshipping LERE

My Mood: Angelic

There won't ever be a happy ending and I won't ever forgive John. Ever.

[Buffy&Angel | Supernatural | Bones |
Secret Circle | Ringer]

~ It must be the angels on a rampage ~
Jinnocence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #108
Shaula
Shaula
SFO Site Manager

I'm pretty sure that I won't forgive him either.

But a happy ending..... Let me dream, Julie...
Old 02-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #109
Ritequette
Ritequette
has no status.

My Mood: Bored

I was definitely stunned by the way John treated Sam and Dean compared to Adam...
Ritequette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #110
Shaula
Shaula
SFO Site Manager

Me, too, Rite.... Me toooooo!

It's really funny to read my posts of this episode. My hate was so intense that... OUCH, I scared myself reading... ahahahahaha! :hahaha:

But I keep the words, I guess... I still don't like what they did to John Winchester's character here. Unless they change that later.