Network Sites

Official SFO Social Groups
Become more apart of our
online community TODAY!
Follow us on ...

DFN TV Forums

DFN Celebrity Forums
Latest Supernatural News
<div style="background-color: none transparent;"><a href="http://www.rsspump.com/?web_widget/rss_widget/twitter_widget" title="web widget">Twitter Widget</a></div>

Go Back   Devoted Fans Network > Entertainment Forums > Television > Current Television Boards > Supernatural > Supernatural Episode Forums > Supernatural - Seasons 1-3 > Supernatural - Season 1

Old 06-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
Shaula
Shaula
Brotherly Love is the key, the cause and it's making us whole
SFO Site Manager

Thanked 4,189 Times in 2,515 Posts
My Mood: Crappy
Default 1.02 - Wendigo

Writers: Eric Kripke
Director: David Nutter
First aired: Tuesday September 20, 2005

Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) follow the coordinates left in their father’s journal and land in the middle of the woods where they investigate the disappearance of several campers. The two brothers soon learn they are dealing with a Wendigo, a creature made famous in Native America legends. A Wendigo is a former human whose cannibalism has transformed him into a creature with superhuman strength and speed that feasts on human flesh.

Eric Kripke wrote the episode directed by David Nutter.

Let's discuss the episode here...
Thanks to Sarah_ben and Lere!
Shaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
-Jess-
-Jess-
has no status.
Jeckie Rocks This

First random thought: I love David Nutter (L)

Secondly, this is the first full episode of Supernatural I ever watched and it was really cool because I usually start watching shows because other people tell me to but Supernatural was a show that I decided to watch by myself and it also turned out that my best friend decided to watch too :D

When my cousin was watching this ep for the first time he called the Wendigo 'Ezekiel'....LOL.

Do they talk about the Jersey Devil in this ep because I also remember going "it's not the Jersey Devil, guys....Mulder and Scully took care of that
Old 06-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
Shaula
Shaula
SFO Site Manager

That's awesome, Jess!

I loved this episode as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jess- View Post
When my cousin was watching this ep for the first time he called the Wendigo 'Ezekiel'....LOL.
Why? I didn't understand :o

Quote:
Mulder and Scully took care of that
ahahahahahahaha! True, but... She left those kids. :p

(I LOVE your avie, by the way)
Old 06-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
LadyLaura
LadyLaura
has no status.
:)

Location: on a bench with Gillian & David listening to genetic trains :P
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jess- View Post
Do they talk about the Jersey Devil in this ep because I also remember going "it's not the Jersey Devil, guys....Mulder and Scully took care of that
ASKLDJLAKJSDSAKLDIOEASFKLAJDKLAJF :D

This is my first post in SFO, :hahaha: It was very intelligent I know.

There's no taking back what we've got
Too strong, we've had each other's back for too long

[Jeckie] [Lauragu]

LAURILY
LadyLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
Jinnocence
Jinnocence
loving the hottest guy ever.
is worshipping LERE

My Mood: Angelic

And I have no freaking idea what you talk about...

[Buffy&Angel | Supernatural | Bones |
Secret Circle | Ringer]

~ It must be the angels on a rampage ~
Jinnocence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
Shaula
Shaula
SFO Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLaura View Post
ASKLDJLAKJSDSAKLDIOEASFKLAJDKLAJF :D

This is my first post in SFO, :hahaha: It was very intelligent I know.
:wave: ahahahahaha, be very welcome here! :hug:

Oh, I loved to see Dean in... almost shorts (4.13). Unlike Dean, but... cough cough... Those legs! *Sighs*
Old 06-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
Jinnocence
Jinnocence
is worshipping LERE

:hahaha: Of course, Lele, I was thinking about that, too, and KNEW you'd say that, so I left that comment to you!

We had it in 4.18, too...

Yeah, that girl knew what good cars are...

Secret Circle | Ringer]

Old 06-16-2009, 03:24 AM   #8
Jinnocence
Jinnocence
is worshipping LERE

Coming to bring my review:

You know, I have to say, I love those flashbacks in the beginning.

And I love when Sam shuts the trunk, saying: "We got work to do in that sexy voice."

Okay, nowe to the episode... I hate campaing trips... Everytime I see a tent, it reminds me of all the stupid horrorthings I watched and this episode is one of them... I think I'd never ever ver go out alone when I'm in the middle of the woods... Okay, even in a pair we couldn't have been saved, but seriously! And then they just follow... I feel bad for the brother, he has to listen to his friends being taken and all. I'd die inside the tent out of fear...

You know, in that dream of Sam, he looks incredibly good. And his voice... I never realized how sexily deep it is when he gets all emotional. And the tears in his eyes... Awww... And then he wakes up to "Hotblooded" pretending he was fine. But of course Dean has eyes... I love it. (inlove) Dean looks so great and he has the most awesome lips...

What a car, damn! Just imagine what you can do on it or in it... (AA) That pout when the ranger tells them that the brother won't be back for another week... The lips...

Dean: "Maybe we should know what we walk into before we actually walk into it!" Smart boy!

And I like that Hailey is all serious and careful. I love the way how they care for each other in their family. That's probably why Dean feel really connected to her, too, because he cares for Dean just as much!

HOW in the world did sam see that shadow on Tommy's video?? Gosh, he didn't even know what to look for and still...

In the first season Sam still has the same laptop like I am sitting on now!! Those two looks soooooo good! (Sorry, I just have to say it again and again!)

I like how Dean crushes forward to find out what the guy knows... And then Sam goes all soft on them when they crumble. They don't even turn on the light. I know they aren't in danger then, but why do they never turn on the light? I like the way both brothers sight when he says that thing unlocked the door. Aww, that heartbroken expression on Sammy's face! As long as they can kill it, Dean is fine. (rofl) At least someone! Dean understands Hailey. He knows that she won't stop the search. I don't like that Sammy is so hurt that he acts so cold!

Uh, the shorts quote is coming up, I am so giddy already. I like the way she grins when she see the car.

Dean: "Oh sweetheart, I don't do shorts!" This is too funny!

Eww, I don't like when they show Tommy hanging there... And I like even less when they show the half shadow of that creature.

Dean so doesn't like that leader because he thinks that he knows nothing about the woods. And he doesn't. I love the scene when Hailey asks Dean about why she's there!

"This is probably the most honest I've ever been with a woman. Ever." :hahaha: Dean, you just rock! And then he grabs the M&Ms and grins. Adorbale.

Yeah, fine then, just don't listen to Sammy.. I'm sure it will get you killed. It always does when you ignore the brothers. The camp side looks really bad... Gosh, that is FREAKY! The way Sam calms her down... Aww, he looks so good! Poor Hailey, when she finds her brothers phone, this scene just breaks my heart each time again! And the screaming from that hoarse voice... Awww, poor girl. Sam looks so cautious, I love that! He really looks like an answer. Dean always carries the journal close to his heart, I love that! (cloud9) The way Sam talks to that guide, just all matter-of-factly and all.

Hailey's voice even craks when she says that she won't leave without Tommy and still... She is kinda like a female Dean, she doesn't care what happens to her when she can find her brother.

Now we have the sweetest scene between the boys. Dean telling Sam that he shouldn't be "shoot first and ask questions later" because that would be Dean! And now he gets the journal and says the famous words.

Dean: "This is why, this book. This is dad's single, most valuable possession, everything he knows about every evil thing is in here and he's passed it on to us. I think he wants us to pick up where he left off. You know, saving people, hunting things. The family business!"

Of course Sammy has doubts, as always, but Dean just so... I don't know, damn perfect in that scene! Those two guys by a fire alone in the woods... I can think of nice things to do... I just love that whole scene when they talk about that stuff and their dad. Awww!

I think the waiting is the worst part when they know that it will attack, but not when and where! The silence is bad. And that stupid guy runs off, so who has to put himself in danger, too? (hellno) I hate it when they don'z listen to the boys!

Sammy, Sammy, Sammy... They way he leans against the tree just breaks my heart! So, Hailey is the first to know about them being hunters. I like that Sam decides to hunt it and obviously Dean does, too! That grin is always nice.

Tommy is a human refridgerator. And soon Dean will be one, too... I don't like when they hurt our boys! Too easy to follow... Sammy, you did figure it out, but not on time. I like that way they show that thing kinda ghosty in the bushes. Sam and they little boy basically are just safe because he fell. Check that out, a M&M-trail. I like it when Sammy smiles.

Okay, next thing: Mines. I don't like Mines. They always are horrible, too... In this case, they are deadly, dark and damp. Too narrow to really run away or do anything. Sam has to huge Hands that he can cover almost the whole face from the boy when he holds his mouth shut! Okay, so they did find the survivors, but it more was a mere accident. Okay, they are fine, just a little hurt................ Dean's moans sound painful though. Poor Baby! Aww, Toimmy smiles because his brother and his sister found him.

"What are you gonna do?" And Dean just winks at her. What a macho! (giggle) Gotta love that guy! And Sam stays back to save his brother. I love those brothers. So much! What a damn UGLY creature! FUnny that they try running when they know it's so much quicker than them! But you can see human traces in it... Weird when you think that there are people out there who believe that this actually can happen to a person!

And now they are lying to the police and obviously have fun with it. And the way Dean "cheapens the moment"... That grin... (rofl) What brothers.

Dean: "Man, I hate camping."
Sam: "Me, too!"

Yeah, me, too!

It's over and it is such a good episode! I really really like it!

Secret Circle | Ringer]

Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #9
-Jess-
-Jess-
has no status.
Jeckie Rocks This

yes, it did happen in the 90s soooo I guess the kids can be grown up.

I love you, Shaula. did I ever tell you that?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #10
Shaula
Shaula
SFO Site Manager

So there are two Jersey Devil out there for Sam and Dean take care of, lol.

I love you tooooooooooo :hug: