Devoted Fans Network

Devoted Fans Network (http://devotedfansnetwork.com/forum/index.php)
-   Supernatural - Season 1 (http://devotedfansnetwork.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=435)
-   -   1.03 - Dead In The Water (http://devotedfansnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11591)

Shaula 06-08-2009 09:28 PM

1.03 - Dead In The Water

Writer: Raelle Tucker, Sera Gamble
Director: Kim Manners
First aired: Tuesday September 27, 2005

Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a series of mysterious drownings written off as suicides. They discover the spirit is an angry little boy with the power to travel through water who is taking revenge on certain town inhabitants for a dark secret buried long ago. Dean forms a bond with a young boy who seems to have the power of premonition.

Sera Gamble & Raelle Tucker wrote the episode directed by Kim Manners.

Let's discuss the episode here...

-Jess- 06-12-2009 01:14 PM

KIM MANNERS. <---- I will love this man til the end of the earth.

This is probably my most watched Season 1 ep....Kim Manners is a god.

oh and btw, ZEPPELIN RULES ;)

Shaula 06-14-2009 06:09 PM

This is one of my favorites episode as well.
It was the first time that we had an insight about Dean's past: He didn't want to talk after her mother's death. The way he opens up with the boy is so heartbreaking.

And, of course, the lake's scene. I love that scene!

Jinnocence 06-16-2009 04:10 AM

Here is what I think: (Before hand: The water scene is the bestest ever!)

Normal family and an empty lake... It's funny that she already feel weird when going into that lake! Yep, you better get out there as fast as you can, girl. There is noone there you can see. And gone.

Aww, I love how Dean nibbles on that pen in this epsiode, grins at the girl and then how he tells Sam what "fun" is.

And I like that Sam tells him that people don't disappear. People just stop looking. I like that a lot, it gives me a nice feeling and the hope that people would never stop looking for me so I can't disappear.

And again, a camp in the woods...

You know, I like the scenery a lot. The way the dad looks at the lake and the camera angling at him from below. It's really nice.

Accidental drowning... Sheriff, let me tell you something: When Sam and Dean show up, it's not an accident. Try to remember that, okay??

Amy Ackres!!! I so loved her in "Angel" and each time I see that I go all excited. She does really good in that episode and she looks so breakable, fitting the role so good! And I like her smile. She is a nice contrast to the boys, wearing white while the boys are kinda dark... And then she turns him down with that cute line... Is expression was priceless... (rofl)

Dean's face when he realized why Lucas doesn't talk. It's so bad! :(

Now, Lele, your scene! The Dean and the kid! And he looks so hot in that scene! I have like a million screenshots there! And the way he talks to the boy, all sweet and soft and heartbroken... Gosh, breaks my heart! :cry: Dean, you are just the bestest! His geek brother that he loves to death! Awww! He even drew his mom. Gosh, that boy can make you melt. And he reached the little boy. Of course he did. Whe he wants to he can reach everyone!

Outch, now the boy drowns in the sink. I think this is too cruel. I mean, in a lake, you kinda expect it and all, but a SINK? (hellno) And in dirty water. He should've left his arm out of the water after getting the plug... Disgusting! And why doesn't the dad hear anything or do anything?? I don't get that! Poor boy!

And he's still not telling the secret. Gosh, poor man, I think the worst thing that can happen to you is out living your children! Dean carries that picture around, the drawing of the little boy.

The camera on eye-level with the little boy, that's really good. I like the way they do that in this episode. Dean has so beautiful hands! I love close-ups of his hands. (inlove) Yeah, Sammy, listen. Breaks your heart, too, doesn't it?

Yes, it does or Sam wouldn't be asking about the mom now. And of course Dean is down-playing it, but still. I love those moments between them.

They found the house! And inside they found such a sad story. This woman, I always feel so bad for her. So many years and she still is in so much pain. Poor, poor woman!

And Bill even talks to him. Why didn't he tell Dean and Sam? Gosh, he lets his family get killed because he is too ashamed.

The little boy is all anxious and Dean, of course, is the one he turns to. This is so sweet. And now they want to send them away, stupid people!! He didn't listen to what I told him before, that stupid Sheriff.

I like how they sit in the car and Dean doesn't want to leave. Gosh, who would think that they can drown in a bath tube. And why is Sam making fun of Dean for worrying about Lucas? How much more water does that woman want in there? The tube is already full! And how she's trying to get out of the tube... Gosh, I would feel the bed, my strength would leave me, soon, too!

And that freaky voice! It's crazy that they get her out alive... Gosh!

The sun comes up, it's like in Provenance! Outside in the window you see it and the shadows of the people inside. It's nice.

Sammy is pretty! And Dean is smart. That kid just plays awesome! I mean, all that silence and the guestures and the untouched boy... Really really good.

Stupid Sheriff! Wanting to shoot our boys! And the way he looks at them. Stupid jerk! :realmad: Ah, now he breaks down, telling! Grrrr! Drowning a little kid, just like that. AHHHH!

Noes!!! Lucas doesn't deserve that! Yay, Dean!! That little boy looks so freaky! And our boys are so HOT when they are wet!! That is sooo scray! But now Dean can save Lucas. I love that scene, when he breaks to the surface with him! In slow motion and so damn great! The way he holds onto him! AWWWW! (cloud9)

And now they leave. Dean is so great with the little boy, really! And the way Andrea smiles because the boys saved Lucas. And it was rella great! Dean and Lucas are a hell of a pair! (rofl) I love Dean when he's embarressed! :woo: HOT!

lere 06-28-2009 06:23 PM

Oh, yeah! The water scene is a classic!

http://i43.tinypic.com/ot1zro.jpg http://i44.tinypic.com/2m3laj8.jpg

Jinnocence 06-29-2009 03:55 AM

Awwww! (inlove) Isn't he just the bestest wet hero ever??

Lara 06-29-2009 01:30 PM

That epsode was good and very touching. So many people lost their family members. I am so happy that Dean could save that little Lucas, who was so upset allready that he couldn't even speak. So happy ending after all...those boys in old days did bad thing, killed their friend, even accidentally, but revenge was awful as well.

Jinnocence 06-29-2009 03:18 PM

True... I liked the story of that episode actually... And I loved how Dean and Lucas made a connection.

Besides, I loved Amy Ackers in the episode. She was really sweet with Dean and Sam and I like that. :D

Shaula 06-29-2009 07:48 PM

The conection between Lucas and Dean was really sweet.

Quote:

The little boy is all anxious and Dean, of course, is the one he turns to. This is so sweet.
Totally! I love this scene, the way he looks up to Dean.

mygirl911 06-30-2009 01:41 AM

I really like this ep! I like the connection Dean has with Lukas, even though usually you don't really see him acting with a kid all that much!

It was also funny to see Amy in there since I have seen her in Angel already!!

I thought the story also was really good and just like Jess has said, one of my fav eps this season!